Thursday, December 23, 2010

Day 1 Getting Started...


Me at 279lbs...I am the one on the very Left side...
 Hi there!

My name is Michelle and I am very new to blogging. I decided that this blog is going to be dedicated to a healthier lifestyle for myself. Let me share a couple of things with everyone...

I just graduated nursing school as an LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) and I am currently working towards my RN/BSN (Registered Nursed with a Bachelor of Science Nursing degree). I have always known that I wanted to become a nurse. I guess you can say my inspiration to become a nurse came from my mom who has been an RN for the past 30 years. I used to see how patients would light up every time they saw my mom even for the littlest thing. She has truely been my inspiration to become a nurse. She always tells me whenever I see a patient always wear a smile and your care will go further. She is right.

My sister, Rachel, actually blogs as well, so you can say that I got the idea of blogging from her. Although her blog is about cooking and mine will be about my journy and passion to lose weight and trying to live a healthier lifestyle. I am going to post pictures along my journey and I would love it if anyone had any extra helpful tips to please share them with me. I am also going to share with you my daily diet and exercise regimen. I feel it really helps to write everything down that I am doing so that I can be accountable for my actions.

I am actually starting this blog a little later than expected. October 6, 2010 was the start of a new life for me. That day I underwent the lap band surgery and told myself that from this day forward I want to live a happy and healthy lifestyle. My starting weight throughout this procedure was 279lbs. So far I have lost 46lbs and my current weight is 233lbs. I have a long way to go and that is the whole purpose for this blog. I want to lose the maximum amount of weight possible and I want to be able to keep this weight off for the rest of my life. I should aslo mention that I am 24 years old and have a lot to look forward to in the near future.

My boyfriend Bryan and I at the Turkey Trot 2010 5 Mile walk...me after loosing 35lbs...
I have a great support system which include my parents and my sister and also my boyfriend, Bryan, of almost 5 years. And with help from everyone, I truely believe that I can shed the pounds and be able to live a healthy lifestyle. So lets get started and before anything begins I already want to send out a big THANK YOU to everyone who is going to be following me on my journy to a new life!!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea Mishkie! I love this and I will follow you all the way! You can do this! Love ya so much!

    ReplyDelete