Friday, March 4, 2011

Cheese Chips Anyone?!

Last night my mom and I decided to go to support group. I have been wanting to go and my doctors office has support group once a week every thursday from about 6:30 to 8:30pm. Its held at the hospital about 10 minutes from our home. So my mom usually works late on thursdays because she works about an hour away. But I had told her in the beginning of the week that I was going to go to support group this thursday whether she wanted to come with me or not. So she came and we had a great experience.

Anyways, a lady in the support group last night brought up a question that we have all heard before and I thought I would share it with all of you. She asked about what to do late at night when she gets hungry? So everyone shared a little something and I am sharing this with you because I don't know if anyone has heard of Cheese Chips but last night was my first time hearing about them. So one lady said that when she gets hungry for something at night she makes cheese chips. So of course my mom and I look at each other and we ask "well what the hell are cheese chips?" The lady was telling us how you make them and all you do is take any kind of cheese and take a piece of parchment paper on a plate. Put the cheese on the parchment paper and put it in your microwave. Now to me it sounded pretty gross...I dont know why.

So today I was in the kitchen and I said to myself ok....a lot of times I CRAVE something crunchy and salty...well usually the only thing thats crunchy or salty is CARBS which is totally not my friend. So I decieded to try making cheese chips. Now the lady last night said she cooks hers for about 2-2 1/2 mins in the microwave. Well I tried mine for a minute and it was completely done and let me tell you, they are AMAZING! SO good. The best part is your eating cheese (usually low fat cheese of course) but they completey fill that craving of something crunchy and salty. So I used a low fat chedder cheese, but they said you could pretty much use any cheese you want. Play around with the numbers on your microwave because I am sure everyone microwave cooks a little different. But try them if you are interested. I really want to share that with all of you because I had never heard of cheese chips. It makes a great snack too like I said!

Ok so enough about cheese chips. I really want to share some photos with all of you. I have one old picture from the day of my surgery and then I have a couple from when I was a size 18 and then a couple from yesterday which I am now wearing a size 16. I can't even believe it! So enjoy the pictures...


October 6, 2010....Surgery Day...Weight 262lbs

Size 18 around 225lbs

Size 18 Side view

Size 16 216lbs


Size 16

Size 16 Side View
I hope you guys like the pictures...the ones in pink were done yesterday so they are the most recent. Keep up the GREAT work everyone and thank you again for being so supportive! I hope everyone has a great weekend as well!

As always, lets shed those extra pounds together!!

~*Michelle*~

9 comments:

  1. you look great! and the cheese chips...well, i'll have to try them, i guess, and let you know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok- you inspire me! I am so proud of you and excited for you. I am just in awe of your hard work and dedication. I can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have done "cheese chips" with parm cheese before. Basically just thin crispy savory things! I like them! But I love cheddar better so perhaps I will try these. Mmm.

    You look great my friend! Great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great.
    I don't think that I could make cheese chips, I would start eating them and never ever stop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lookin gooooood!!!! And cheese chips sound like something I may just need to try..... you could even combine different types of cheeses...... yummo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know there was a term for what I've been doing with my cheese since I was child. Thank god I'm not the only one doing it! LOL

    You look fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures, and I will have to give the cheese chips a try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Photos and great progress shown in them - well done!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never heard of cheese chips before. You look great!

    ReplyDelete