Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011 Here I come!

Hello to all, and I hope you all had a GREAT new years!! I just came back from visiting friends in CT and had a great time. But now its time to buckle down and shed these extra pounds! This is going to be a short post but I wanted to make sure you guys didn't I disappeared or anything. I got back into the swing of things this morning and worked out. I didn't do as well as I hoped but I thought I did pretty well for being gone for a couple of days and not being able to use the tredmil like I was doing. So this morning I did a mile and a half burned 185 calories and felt really good! Breakfast consisted of a protein shake and a diet iced tea which was definitely refreshing.

So I want to hear from all of you...quick question...

How full are your bands and when were you able to feel FULL after a small meal?

After my surgery I had a couple of complications...right after surgery my band had 3cc's in it and I wasn't able to get anything into my system. I was very dehydrated and landed myself in the ER twice for fluids. FINALLY my doctor decided that the fluid needed to come completely out so I pretty much started from a completely empty band. Well coming on the 6th is my 3 month period and I now have 5.2cc's in my band (although my doctor counts it as having 2.2 because I was behind since they had to take out the 3cc's right after surgery). I now feel my band more than ever, however I still feel like I can eat too much of a meal. So I am very curious to find out how much fluid you all have in your  bands and am I ever going to be completely satisfied after a very small meal?? I probably sound ridiculous right now but to me its a little bit frustrating. Thanks for all your support and I look forward to hearing from you!!

Lets all make it a great year and help each other out as best we can!

3 comments:

  1. I'm not banded yet, so unfortunately I can't help with the questions.. But, high fives to you for "buckling down"!!

    Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I have 5 cc in my band.

    As regards to feeling "Full" - I try more for the feeling of being "satisfied" - Sam (my customer care advocate (but more like a friend now) said that I should have only 1/3 of what I use to eat - eat very slowly, chew, chew, chew - take 30 to 45 minutes to eat a meal and wait one hour before you drink any liquid.

    Make sure you eat your allowance of protein which will help you feel satisfied also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone's band fill is different...kinda like a hat size...nobody's the same...even at the same weight/etc. But since you asked...I'm at 5.9 ccs in my 10 cc band (i think)-in the sweet spot for sure. But the other thing is that a sweet spot for some is too loose or tight for others...so subjective :(

    ReplyDelete