Friday, January 7, 2011

A Better Me

First I would like to start off by saying I hope everyone is enjoying the new year of 2011. As you all know I was in CT visiting friends for New Years. Well while I was there I was coming down with a cold. UGH! Sore throat, cough, chest aching from coughing, and to top it off a stuffy nose. I have to say though as bad as it sounds its really not a bad cold. Its really bad in the morning and night time but during the day its not too bad. I have still been able to do my workouts even though I am not walking as far as I normally do. Which brings me to my next point....

I see that you all are picking a word....well I have been thinking about my word for a while now and I really wasn't sure which word would fit me best. Until today...

I really wasn't feeling well this morning. But for some reason as soon as I woke up this morning I put my gym clothes on anyways ( I find that if I lay my gym clothes out the night before and thats the first thing I do in the morning is put those gym clothes on I know that I am definitely going to work out! ) Well anyways there is a lot of constructrion going on at the house right now...plus we have 3 dogs and 1 puppy who is definitely a handful. I normally have everyone on a routine where I am able to get my workout in before any craziness goes on. Well this morning was a bit different. We have had people here since about 7am this morning which messes up my whole schedule/routine!

So here I am this morning, extremely stuffy nose not feeling good and in my workout clothes. I always find that its easier to talk myself out of not doing a workout because I will make an excuse like oh im sick not feeling good or I will work out more tomorrow...and I am sure you all have gone through this at one point or another. WELL that all changed this morning. I decided my word for the year is going to be DEDICATION. I am going to be dedicated to myself and my family and most importantly my weight loss.

So I tried something new this morning....I talked myself IN to working out instead of talking myself OUT of working out. Even though I am not feeling 100% I told myself you know what it will be better to do something instead of nothing. I actually completely surprised myself this morning was able to power walk for 30min. I did 1.80 miles and burned 252 calories. It made me feel so good and extremely proud of myself. I also weighed myself this morning and am at my lowest weight that I haven't been at in I don't know how long. My current weight is 231.2 lbs.

So for all of you lets all dedicate ourselves to a great weight loss in 2011. I want to thank all of you as well for being so supportive and following my blog. I hope everyone has a great day!!

As always....lets shed those extra pounds together!

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic word! And good for you! I am so good at talking myself out of something! So talking myself INTO something shouldn't be such a hard thing! lol

    Dedicate is a great word! I'll join you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle you have picked a wonderful word: DEDICATION. You're right though, we need to start talking ourselves into doing the positive things rather than trying to talk ourselves out of them. Whether it be related to weight loss or not. I know I am so good at talking myself out of things. For instance, SCHOOL. You know, as well as everyone else who knows me, I have mastered procrastination rather than production. So I am going to follow you and talk myself into making a productive semester happen. Thank you for giving me the motivation I needed to tell myself I CAN DO THIS. I love you! Congrats on the new weight loss! You are doing so great!

    ReplyDelete