Friday, January 14, 2011

A new set of numbers...

As most of you all know I have been stuck in the 230s for a while. Well this week I really dedicated myself on focusing what I could do better. So I decided ok...I am done hanging out in the 230s and enough is enough. I have been working out daily on the tredmil doing about 2 miles every morning. Honestly, I have to say its such a great feeling to me now to be able to do that every morning. I used to dread working out, but now for some reason I actually look forward to my work outs. I really focused on drinking all of my fluids every day which for me is about 64oz a day. So I am sure you can all guess...yup I go to the bathroom constantly! Haha. So not only have I been doing my exercise and drinking all of my fluids but I have really been paying attention to my diet and actually writing everything down AND measuring everything out (even down to the salad dressing). It truely is an eye opener to actually see how much your eating and I think I lost focus with that for a while. But it feels great to be on track.

I had gotten to the point where I was weighing myself almost daily. I was getting so frustrated with the numbers that were on the scale that I decided I really can't do that to myself. So from now on I will be weighing myself once a week.

Well this morning was my 1 week challenge. I was very nervous for today to come just because I know how hard I have been working this week and I didn't want to be disappointed on the scale. I am sure most of you have felt this way. I had a million things running through my mind..."what if I lost nothing", "what if I gained weight", "what if I only lost a pound"...I hate feeling like this and most of all I hate that thats what weighing myself does to me! Then I thought to myself, I really need to stay positive about the situation. I know how hard I have been working and that was the important part to me. I have been feeling so good about everything that I have been doing this week and thats what I was going to focus on.

The big moment had arrived this morning. I thought to myself no matter what the number is, I am going to remain positive and keep doing what I am doing. After weighing myself twice this morning because I couldn't believe the first number I saw.....I thought to myself...the hard work paid off!!! I lost 6lbs!!! I have also come into some new numbers...I am no longer in the 230s. My new weight as of this morning is 227.4lbs. I have also reached my 50lb goal. I have now lost 52lbs to be exact and I now have a big smile on my face. WOW! To even think I have lost over 50lbs is amazing to me and I never thought this day would come!

I am going to keep up the hard work and start for my 60lb weight loss goal....8 more pounds to go. Thank you to all of you as well. I love all of the support we give each other and it truely helps me stay on track!

As always lets shed those pounds together!

~*Michelle*~

5 comments:

  1. You are amazing Mishkie! And I love your story! Stick with it, remain focused and dedicated, and you will see all your hard work pay off! Congrats on your success hot mama! :)

    I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - Congrats on the 6 pound loss - being focused
    really paid off - keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! LOVE IT!

    I need some of your motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol Thanks Amanda!! My motivation is yours...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's a great loss for one week! I weigh weekly too. I don't think I could cope with the daily ups and downs.

    It sounds like you are just doing fantastically! 50 lbs. down since October is really great!

    I had my surgery in February and have lost 103 lbs. Stop by for a visit http://amandakiska.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete