Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Happy, but sick...

Hello all!!

As you all know I was in FL visiting my sister and her boyfriend...it was amazing! I loved being able to walk almost everyday OUTSIDE. We went to this one area known as the Causeway, where you pretty much walk over a very large bridge, but it is the most beautiful place especially when you are able to see dolphins playing right below! SO AMAZING! My mom, my sister, and I walked almost everyday between 3 and 4 miles. Such a great feeling to know that I am able to walk that far and still feel like I could walk longer. I really tried to watch my diet while I was at my sisters. She is trying a vegan diet right now, but she is a very healthy eater as it is. She knows that my weakness is cake, so we just happend to make cupcakes, BUT it was for good reason. Not sure if I mentioned this but my sister and I are in our very good friends wedding in october and we are in charge of making her wedding cake. The bride to be wasn't sure if she wanted a cake or a cupcake wedding cake. So we tried cupcakes and decorated them with fondant. Very fun project, but bad on my part because I did eat 2 of them :o( But I figured I usually don't eat like that so its OKAY to treat myself every once in a while and it sure was worth it.

Well our trip was really great and we got to spend a lot of quality time together, unfortunately my last 2 days in FL I was sick on the couch with a cold/flu thing that I guess has been going around. I wasn't even sure if I would be able to fly home this morning because yesterday I couldn't even move off the couch. I woke up this morning and surprisingly felt much better, I sound TERRIBLE but I definitely feel so much better.

So my sister dropped my mom and I off at the Orlando airport this morning, goodbyes are very hard for our family just because we are so close! My mom and I were checked and and walking to the security line when my mom recieved a phone call from my dad saying that his father (my grandfather) had fallen unconcious at home and was at the hospital. My mom told my dad that she would call him right back just due to the fact that we were about to go through security. We were on the plane waiting for everyone to board when my mom called my dad, and by that time it was too late. My grand father passed away today. I know that he is in a better place and he is free of any kind of pain. I wanted to stay strong for my mom because she was extrememly upset not only at the death of her father-in-law but that she wasn't there to comfort my dad, due to the fact this was his frist parent to pass away and it was a bit shocking for us all. I know that my time will come where I need to grieve the loss of my grandpa, but I feel like I need to stay strong for my parents right now and keep it together for them. RIP Grandpa, you will truely be missed!

On a happier note, I felt as if I needed to weigh myself today, not sure why I guess its because I haven't weighed myself in a couple of days and wanted to see if all the walking in FL payed off. It sure did! Even after the 2 cupcakes I ate I have lost 4lbs. I left for FL at 221lbs and came home from FL at 217lbs. I am at an all time new low and couldn't be happier! I am actually at a lower weight than what my drivers license says! haha I never used to be honest about how much I actually weighed so its a good thing that my drivers license is wrong and thats acutally a heavier weight on there! woo hoo! Also on another happier note, I have dropped another pant size. I am kind of in between sizes but I am almost there. I started at a size 22/24 and I am definitely out of my size 18s but size 16s fit its just a little snug still, a couple more pounds and they will fit perfectly. So excited!!

Well enough of me talking, I hope you all are doing great! And as always, lets shed those extra pounds together!! Thank you again to everyone for all of your postive encouragement! It does not go un-noticed! I am so thankful to have such a great support system!

2 comments:

  1. So sorry about your grandpa.

    Great job on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Mishkie on your weight loss! And it must be so exciting to know you can now fit in smaller jeans! YOU SEXY THING YOU! I really like the way you set small goals for yourself that help you to target your overall goal - you seem to be so motivated and I knew you could do it! You are doing wonderful and look fabulous!

    I'm so glad you came to visit! I really needed a dose of you and ma! Let's set a goal for ourselves to live CLOSER to each other once we are done with school :)

    All though it is a sad time right now, let's remember all the good memories we had with grandpa. He spoiled us! I think my favorite part of being so spoiled is when he would say "now don't tell your grandma." LOL. I think it is good therapy to celebrate his life during this time, rather than mourn over our loss. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete